Ithaca Urban Renewal Agency (IURA)
- administration of the City's HUD Entitlement Grant
- issuance of loans for affordable housing and business job-creation
- sale of land for public/private-partnership urban renewal projects
- management of Cherry Street Industrial Park
- development of grant applications
The Draft Assessment of Fair Housing will be available for a 30-day Public Comment Period, beginning Friday, September 29, 2017. [Note: This is a corrected date from what was originally identified in previously distributed materials.]
Copies will be available online at www.IthacaURA.org and in hard-copy at: Ithaca Urban Renewal Agency (IURA), 108 E. Green St., Third Floor, City of Ithaca (City Hall), Ithaca, NY.
WHAT IS THE ASSESSMENT OF FAIR HOUSING (AFH)?
The AFH is an updated approach to looking at the fair housing landscape in order to set locally determined fair housing priorities and goals (e.g., are Ithaca residents able to achieve their housing goals; have Ithaca residents ever been treated unfairly in regard to housing; what could improve Ithaca residents' housing situations).
Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Data & Mapping Tool
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule requires cities and towns receiving HUD funding to examine their housing patterns for evidence of housing discrimination. To facilitate this process, HUD created the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Data and Mapping Tool (AFFHT), a publicly accessible interactive web site for conducting the fair housing analyses required by AFFH. AFFHT is a public-facing application, so there are no user registration or access requirements. All users have the same basic permission to use the site. You can access the AFFHT by clicking on the following link:
Once you land on the AFFHT web site, you’ll see an introductory pop-up window, where you'll be asked to select the state and jurisdiction you’re looking for, and whether you want to view just that specific jurisdiction’s map, or a map of the entire region. You will then be taken to a subsequent screen where you'll be asked to select a type of map (e.g., "Race/Ethnicity," "Housing Choice Vouchers & Race/Ethnicity," "Demographics & Job Proximity, "Demographics & Environmental Health"). Once you find the type of map you're looking for, click on the "Go to Map" button located at the bottom-right of the application wizard. Depending on the type of map you select, you may then be asked to choose a specific data set for the map (e.g., "Race/Ethnicity Trends, 1990" or "Race/Ethnicity Trends, 2000"). For more detailed information about each map, including illustrated instructions on how to use the mapping tool, please refer to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) User Guide at the following link: https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/AFFH-Data-and-Mapping-Tool-User-Guide.pdf.
You can also click on the following link to go to a page containing tools, guidance, training, data/mapping, and other resources related to the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule: https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/affh/resources/#tools-for-fair-housing-planning-under-the-affh-rule.
- AFH Data Table: Table 1 - Demographics (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 2 - Demographic Trends (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 3 - Racial/Ethnic Dissimilarity Trends (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 4 - Racially/Ethnically Concentrated Areas of Poverty (RECAPs) (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 5 - Publicly Supported Hsng. Units by Program Category (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 6 - Publicly Supported Households by Race/Ethnicity (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 7 - RECAP/Non-RECAP Demographics by Publicly Supported Hsng. Prg. (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 8 - Demographics of Publicly Supported Hsng. Develpts. by Prgm. (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 9 - Demographics of Households w. Disproportionate Housing Needs (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 10 - Demographics of Households with Severe Housing Cost Burden (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 11 - Publ. Supp. Hsng. by Prgrm. Cat. - Units by No. Bdrms.-Child. (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 12 - Opportunity Indicators by Race/Ethnicity (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 13 - Disability by Type (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 14 - Disability by Age Group (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 15 - Disability by Publicly Supported Housing Program Category (5/31/17)
- AFH Data Table: Table 16 - Homeownership/Rental Rates by Race/Ethnicity (5/31/17)