GIS Maps & Demographics
- 2010 Census: The population of the City of Ithaca is 30,014.
- American Community Survey Data by Tract (2006-2010) (PDF)
- 2010 Neighborhood Statistics Program: SF1 Release (PDF)
- Tompkins County Profile of Demographic Changes (1950-2010) (PDF)
- 2000 Neighborhood Statistics Program: SF1 & SF3 Releases (PDF)
Access the most frequently requested maps.
Several City departments house map collections. Contact each department directly to review a complete listing of their existing map collections.
- Department of Public Works - Engineering Division: 607-274-6530
- Official Engineering plans
- Survey control points
- Division of Planning & Economic Development: 607-274-6550
- Planning Division maps by theme/subject (e.g., assessment, urban renewal, population, traffic/parking, historic preservation, etc.)
- Sanborn maps
- Planning Division maps by neighborhood
- City of Ithaca official zoning map
- Department of Public Works - Water & Sewer Division: 607-272-1717
- Sewer collection system
- Water distribution system
- Water meter zones
The GIS Program staff produce maps by request for City staff, City of Ithaca officials, and government or educational agencies working on community development projects that benefit the City of Ithaca residents. Requests made by the public are considered on a case-by-case basis. If the request can be honored, there is a plotting fee. Contact the GIS Program for further information.
Various GIS datasets covering the City of Ithaca are available for download via the Cornell University Geospatial Information Repository (CUGIR) website and the New York State GIS Clearinghouse. If you have any more questions about GIS data specific to the City of Ithaca, please contact the GIS Program.