Prosecution for the City of Ithaca
The City Attorney's office prosecutes certain types of cases for the city. Assistant City Attorney Robert A. Sarachan is the City Prosecutor.
There are no in-person office hours available until further notice. However, the CIty Prosecutor is available via e-mail
How do I Proceed with my Ticket?
The City prosecutes cases which include the following:
- Noise, open container, public urination, littering, underage possession of alcohol (see FAQ, Penalty Chart, and City Code Violation Tickets)
- Traffic Tickets (see Traffic Ticket page)
- Exterior maintenance cases - garbage, sidewalks, etc.
- Building code
- Fire code
- Dogs: off leash, biting, unlicensed
- Most other Ithaca City Code Violations
- Parking ticket trials (See FAQ)
- Other miscellaneous matters
Requests for Adjournments
contact the prosecutor to request an adjournment - only the Ithaca City Court
can grant an adjournment.