Streets & Facilities
- Provides maintenance and service to city buildings that includes custodial cleaning, plumbing and electrical, heating and air conditioning, security and door hardware, carpentry, painting, masonry and general repair.
- Graffiti removal from city property is coordinated through the Parking Operations and Ithaca Commons Supervisor, Rick Searles.
Fleet Garage & Central Stores
- This division provides services and performs repairs/routine maintenance on city-owned vehicles and equipment only. The fuel dispensing system is utilized by all city departments. The stock room carries vehicle and equipment parts and custodial supplies for city buildings.
- A 9-hole regulation length golf course with an 18 hole rating of 70.3, Newman Golf Course is open to the public with memberships available to city residents and non-residents.
- The city staffs and maintains the 3 city-owned parking garages: Seneca Street Garage, Green Street Garage and Dryden Road Garage. It also monitors the garages for vehicles parked for extended periods of time, communicates with contracted business regarding reserved space requirements, and handles customer problems. Parking permits are sold in the Chamberlain's Office at City Hall for the garages and for residential parking in certain areas of the city.
- The City of Ithaca has a long tradition of publicly supported urban forestry. Most recently it has been a "Tree City USA" for ten consecutive years and was one of the few cities in New York State to win a National Arbor Day Foundation Growth Award for two consecutive years. Visit the Virtual Tree Tour for a list of trees in Stewart Park. The City of Ithaca earned two New York Conference of Mayors Local Government Achievement Awards for its urban forestry program: 1996 for its bare root tree planting; and 1998 for the creation of a Structural Soil Video.
- Provides trash and yard waste collection for residents within the City of Ithaca. This group issues violation notices for improperly placed or tagged trash, as well as improperly placed yard waste and recycling. They are also responsible for dead animal removal from city streets or right-of-ways, and from city-owned property. Illegal dumping issues are noted by this group and reported to the Ithaca Police Department.
- Maintains city streets, storm sewers, curbs, gutters, bridges, ditches, and street signs. Performs street cleaning, snow and ice removal, and sidewalk repairs. Find information regarding the City's snowplowing practices here.