- Boards & Committees
- Cable Access Oversight Committee
Cable Access Oversight Committee
Regular meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. The AOC meets virtually or at the Aurora Room, Town Hall, 215 North Tioga Street, Ithaca, NY.
Cable Access Oversight Committee meetings may be held using videoconferencing technology. More information, including the written procedures governing the use of videoconferencing technology, is available on our Boards and Committees page.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View Available Minutes
Overview & Duties
The Access Oversight Committee oversees various components of the Cable Franchise Agreement between the City of Ithaca and Charter Communications (successor to Time Warner Cable). The Committee consists of five voting members, three from the City of Ithaca (one of which is a member of Common Council); one from the Town of Ithaca and one from Cayuga Heights. A representative of Charter Communications shall serve as a nonvoting, ex-officio member of the Committee.
The Access Oversight Committee oversees the operations of the PEG (Public, Educational, Government) Access Studio to ensure the availability of the studio and equipment on a nondiscriminatory basis. The Access Oversight Committee establishes usage fees for the use of access equipment and/or facilities to access users who do not reside in participating municipalities.
PEGASYS Community Media Center is the public, educational and governmental access television center in Ithaca, NY. Community members can learn to use camcorders, editing software and a television studio to make their own TV shows for Channel 13/97-1 – and beyond!
- Training starts with a free orientation and a tour of the facilities.
- Studio, portable and editing training courses are made available upon request. Courses are free for residents of the City of Ithca, Town of Ithaca and Village of Cayuga Heights; a small fee is charged to other residents of Tompkins County.
- Pre-registration for the orientation is required.
- Location: 612 W. Green St., Ithaca.
- Contact the Studio Coordinator at (607) 272-7272 or PEG.NYIthaca@charter.com
- Web: http://pegasys.webstarts.com/
More information on the Access Oversight Committee
- Rich DePaolo, Town of Ithaca, Chair
Term expires: December 31, 2024
- Wies van Leuken, Village of Cayuga Heights, Vice-Chair
Term expires: April 4, 2023
- Wayles Browne, City of Ithaca, Secretary
Term expires: December 31, 2022
Term expires December 31, 2023
- Jorge Defendini, City of Ithaca, Common Council
Term expires: December 31, 2023
- Charter communications Representative:TBD