Hours in Effect
- Permit requirements established pursuant to this section shall be in effect during all or a portion of the following times: From Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Permit holders will be exempt from the 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 1 p.m. to - 5 p.m. "no parking" regulations in resident parking permit areas.
- Street signage will display the restricted hours.
- Permit holders and non-permit holders must abide by all other city parking restrictions set forth in the Vehicle and Traffic Chapter of the City of Ithaca Municipal Code including the odd/even overnight restriction, 24-hour parking limits, loading zones, handicap parking, etc.
- Placement of the "no parking" time restrictions will be staggered in order to provide some short-term visitor parking on a block at all times. In the case of blocks with legal on-street parking only on one side, the time restrictions will be split along the legal side of the street.
Permit System Alternative
Residents may petition the City Traffic Engineer to install appropriate weekday time restriction signage (such as "No Parking 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.") on their streets. This offers an alternative option for blocks that elect not to participate in the permit system but want the benefits of time restricted parking for their street.
Residents may file written appeals with the Board of Public Works for either hardship consideration or the denial of permits by the City Clerk’s Office.