Hiring Alert: Project Director, Community Justice Center
Tompkins County and the City of Ithaca are collaborating in the search for dynamic leader to serve as Project Director for the newly established Community Justice Center with a proven track record of commitment to equity and social justice. As the Project Director, you are responsible for leading the implementation of the Reimagining Public Safety Collaborative. As the Project Director you will convene, organize, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders including community members to implement the plan’s recommendations. An ideal candidate will have experience leading and advancing equity-centered solutions on behalf of the community.
- Leads implementation of the Tompkins County and City of Ithaca Reimagining Public Safety Recommendations;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive community engagement strategy to ensure the community is involved in all aspects of the implementation process
- Organizes and facilitates work groups;
- Develops systems and process timelines for informing elected leaders, staff and community members of plan progress. Develops reports and presentations with clarity to ensure understanding at all levels of the community
- Project Director is responsible for centering diversity, equity, inclusion and justice throughout the implementation process
- Provides expert technical guidance and leadership to stakeholders including management and elected officials of social justice issues affecting County/City programs and practices
We’re seeking someone with:
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures to engage diverse communities, specifically communities of color;
- Thorough knowledge of the County’s and City’s policies, processes and procedures in relation to public safety and community policing
- Experience with public policy development and implementation
- A demonstrated passion for advancing racial equity, social justice solutions and community building and engagement
- Ability to implement and achieve solutions that are driven by data and leads of measurable outcomes
- Candidates must possess and display tact, integrity, excellent moral character, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Learn more: http://bit.ly/tompkinscountycareers