Sealed Bids for the “510 First Street & 600 Franklin Street Roof Replacements Project” located in the City of Ithaca, New York will be received by the office of the City Controller at 108 East Green Street, Ithaca, NY until December 15, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. in the Office of the City Controller.
Due to the COVID outbreak and to meet public safe distance rules, the bids will not be read aloud publicly.
The proposed project consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Systematic removal of steep and low slope roofing materials of various age and vintage, on two separate DPW buildings on adjacent property,
2. removal and disposal of existing asbestos containing materials in compliance with Industrial Code Rule 56 and all other applicable rules and regulations,
3. installation of new low and steep slope roofing systems,
4. electrical work required to accommodate the roofing work,
5. alternate work as described in Alternates Section, if Alternate work is accepted.
BIDS SHALL BE SUBMITTED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE, ENTITLED: 510 First & 600 Franklin Streets Roof Replacements Project.
Each bid shall be accompanied by a deposit in the amount of: Five Percent (5%) of the Total Gross Sum Bid in the form of a Certified Check, Bank Draft, or Bid Bond. Cash will not be acceptable as a deposit. Bid deposits of all unsuccessful bidders shall be returned promptly upon execution of the contract with the successful bidder.
Copies of the contract documents, listed in the Table of Contents and the List of Contract Documents, may be downloaded and printed from the document posted below.
Documents are also available for examination by appointment only at the following location:
City of Ithaca Water and Sewer Division
510 First Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Water & Sewer Division at 510 First Street on November 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
All questions for clarification must be submitted in writing, via email, to the Architect of Record, Kingsbury Architecture LLC, with copy to Scott Gibson at the City of Ithaca, .
All questions must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 7, 2020.